Academic ProgrammesBachelor of Science in Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) is the use of computers and software to manage information. The information technology department of a large company would be responsible for storing information, protecting information, processing the information, transmitting the information as necessary, and later retrieving information as necessary.
In order to perform the complex functions required of information technology departments today, the modern Information Technology Department would use computers, servers, database management systems, and cryptography.
Our program in Cambridge International College established in 2013 to help businesses run efficiently and to build the needed foundational skills to enter the IT industry. It is dedication to community development through sound policies, provision of high quality educational & service resources.
The educational objectives of the Information Technology program will result in graduates that will:
Graduates of the Information Technology program should attain:
• An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
• An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
• An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
• An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities.
• An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices.
• An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies.
• An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer- based systems.
• An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
• An ability to uncover the elements of web design, examine web development technologies (Web Technology major).
• An ability to understand website commercialization as it relates to marketing, sales and other aspects of business (Web Technology major).
• An ability to manage a database environment (Database Administration major).
• An ability to use database software and incorporate database technology at the enterprise level (Database Administration major).
Duration of the Program:
The program shall extend over a period of 8 consecutive semesters spread over 4 academic years – two semesters constituting one academic year. The duration of each semester shall normally be 15 weeks excluding examinations.
Award of the Degree:
No candidate shall be eligible for the award of the degree of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, unless he/she has undergone the course for a period of 8 semesters (4 academic years) in the college and has passed the prescribed examinations in all the semesters.
The Study System:
This B.Sc. degree consists of One hundred forty six (146) credits; distributed in eight semesters over a period of four years.